Working a a new book on Twitter! I'll share some simple rules of Twitter right now:
1. Be real, be yourself...let your personality shine
2. Don't sell
3. Share valuable content with others
4. ReTweet others good content
5. Send direct messages and engage
6. Listen and learn...there's lots of good stuff on Twitter
7. Don't over post
8. Post 2x's per day (morning and night) 1 or 2 hrs only
9. Don't become a Twitterholic :)
This is the right way to use Twitter. If you follow these simple rules you will gain a nice following and people will get to know you for who you are, not what goods you're trying to sell.
If you do have something to sell...take your time and you will gain people's trust.
People want to get to know you first, then trust you enough to listen to what you have that might benefit them.
Follow these simple rules and you will build lifelong friendships and potential customers.
Most importantly have fun and keep reading all you can to develop a great chaacter that people love.
All the best!
P.S. Get a Twitter account now...it only take a few minutes to set up. :)